Saturday, December 5, 2009

Lunch Today: Mint Corn & Spanakopita



Ok, at first when I saw this on TV, I thought, are you serious? MINT CORN??? But then today, as I tried to tackle this lunch thing, I noticed I had corn, mint, and butter!

I gave it a try, and I fell in love... Oh and so did my toddler :)

WHAT YOU NEED: (Serving 3-4)

½ stick of butter
2 cups of corn
¼ cup of fresh chopped mint.
Salt
Crush red pepper (optional)
Thyme (optional)

LET’S GET STARTED

1) Melt butter in a pan
2) Add corn, and cook for about 10 minutes (you will start hearing popping noises)
3) Sprinkle with salt and mix well
4) Turn stove off, and fold in the mint

That’s it!

I added thyme and crush red pepper to the butter since I love herbs and my husband loves some heat!



Spanakopita was store bought (frozen). One day I will attempt it, and share the recipe with all of you!






No comments:

Post a Comment