Friday, September 18, 2009

Apple Zeppole




Ok so I was watching the food network and Giada made these look so easy and delicious so I thought I'd give them a try. They came out great (for my taste buds) but the best thing is, it took me 25 minutes to prepare the dough and cook them, so I highly recommend them!

WHAT YOU NEED

1 large apple, peeled and grated (I used a cheese grater) 1/4 cup sugar
1 stick butter 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup water 1 cup flour 4 eggs confectioners' sugar for dusting Oil for frying (She recommends Olive, I used vegetable)

LET'S GET STARTED

1) In a sauce pan, bring the following to a boil: Butter, water, sugar, and salt.
2) Add flour and stir for about 5 minutes
3) Transfer the flour mixture into a bowl and beat smooth, then add one egg at a time
4) Add the grated apple into the mix, and stir with a spoon
5) Start Frying!

I used half a teaspoon because it doubled its size when it was fried, dry on a paper towel, transfer to a plate and sprinkle with confectioner sugar.
For more details, please visit:

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment