Friday, September 11, 2009

Family, Husband, and Guests

I’ve made my kitchen a culinary lab; a place to innovate, test, and create. The judges consist of my kids, husband, extended family, and friends.

My family loves to eat, and judges mainly on presentation. My father always said: Your eyes eat first. My parents have taught me that presentation matters, and to respect yourself, family, and guests by serving in the best manner possible.

My husband’s eyes never lie. He is the most honest judge, but judges oh so gently. His taste buds are different then mine. His mother is an experienced homemaker, who’s fed her children the best of Pakistani cuisine. However, our tastes are extremely different, but hey we still get along! How do I know he likes a dish? Well he goes for second, third, and so on and so "fourth".

My guests and friends are always considerate, and of course they will never judge harshly. I get extremely excited when we invite friends over for dinner, as it’s the best time for me to really try out new and old recipes.

Having a grandmother full of traditional Algerian recipes, a mom who’s an expert baker, a husband of Pakistani background, and an American culture filled with opportunity, the culinary innovations are endless! So please enjoy, and feel free to throw in suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment