Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cranberries & Almond Oat Bars


I needed a quick snack for my son, who's slowly turning into a picky eater. At the same time, i didn't want something unhealthy and super sweet, so I looked at many recipes, and fixed up few things, and this is what I got!

This literally took me 5 minutes to make and 25 minutes to bake. Make a bunch and store them in an air tight container for up to a week.



WHAT YOU NEED

1.5 cups of oats
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 cup of butter
1/3 cup cranberries
1/3 cup shaved almonds
1 tablespoon of honey


LET'S GET STARTED


1) Pre-heat stove to 375
2) Line a baking pan with greased(pref butter) parchment paper
3) Mix all ingredients together
4) Place the mix in the baking pan and flatten. It should be about 1/4 of an inch high.
5) Bake until browned, about 23-25 minutes
6) Take the pan out, and wait 5 minutes
7) Use a pizza cutter, and cut into squares
8) Let it cool for another 15 minutes before taking it out

Good Luck!!!

HINTS

I first just buttered a pan, but it was very difficult to cut and remove the bars, so I used parchment paper, removed from pan, then sliced it with pizza cutter

Optional Icing: I used juice from cranberries and mixed with powdered sugar until it turned into a thick liquid





No comments:

Post a Comment