Sunday, April 4, 2010

Oreo Truffles




These are fun, quick, bake-free treats! Although I dipped these in white chocolate, I personally prefer them in milk chocolate. I make these as party favors, if you're interested email me!

WHAT YOU NEED (Makes 27-30 truffles)

1 Package of Oreo Cookies
1 Package of Cream Cheese (8 OZ)
White chocolate, semi-sweet, or milk chocolate for coating.
Food Processor

LET'S GET STARTED

1. Place the entire package of Oreos in food processor and keep pressing until it turns into crumbs.
2. Add the cream cheese (I mixed the cream cheese with the crumbs by hand, and then back in the food processor) Make sure you do it quickly so the cream cheese doesn't get too soft.
3. Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls, then put it in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
4. Melt the chocolate of your choice over a double boiler, or the microwave.
5. Dip the truffles in the chocolate, and place it back on wax paper or parchement paper. You can then deccorate with swirls, coconut, sugar dust, etc..


Enjoy!











1 comment:

  1. q... could I use coco puffs, so its less fattening and mix that with cream cheese in the food processor??

    ReplyDelete