Thursday, April 1, 2010

Strawberry Banana Smoothie




This dates back to the summer when I first got married. My mother in law made fruit smoothies all the time, and I couldn't get enough!

It's sunny today and strawberries are affordable, so I decided to make some for my son and I today with more fruits and less sugar!

WHAT YOU NEED
2 Naval Oranges (you can substitute 8 oz of OJ)
3 Bananas Peeled and Chopped
10 Strawberries Chopped
1/4 Cup yogurt
1/2 Cup Whipped Cream (or heavy cream whipped)
1/4 Cup of Honey (or a little less)
2 Cups of Milk

LET'S GET STARTED
1. Zest the oranges then squeeze them
2. Mix yogurt, milk and whipped Cream together
3. Blend in in strawberries, bananas, orange juice, zest of the oranges, and honey


Enjoy!!!!

2 comments:

  1. what do u do w/ the leftover special ingredients in recipes that arent commonly used in other recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I normally only use things I actually have or substitue what I don't have. If I hve left over fruits, I'll make a fruit salad the next day or something. I use yogurt in cooking, and I love ice cream so I always have whipped cream in the house :)

    ReplyDelete